Return to St Andrews Open home page

The Strathtyrum Course

5,620 yards
Par 69

Designed by Donald Steel (previously responsible for work on the Jubilee and Eden courses), the Strathtyrum Course was opened in 1993 as an easier alternative for mid to high handicappers.

It takes its name from the nearby Strathtyrum Estate, home of the Cheape family, from which the land was purchased. It was James Cheape who sold the Links to the Town Council in 1893, and is remembered via the "Cheapes Bunker" on the 2nd of the Old.

The course is shorter than the other 18-hole courses in St Andrews, and with only 15 bunkers and a much flatter terrain is more reminiscent of a parkland course.

 


Any site comments, including technical, please tell us
Home ~ Last updated 16 July, 2015 ~ Site Map